|Pear Almond Pancakes
Pancakes with Personality Semi-Finalist
|1 c all-purpose flour (we use King Arthur)
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 extra large egg, beaten
1 ¼ c sour cream
¼ c buttermilk
1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and sliced thin
Poire (available at Stan’s), Williams Birne or other pear liqueur
Sliced almonds, toasted
1. Place pear slices in a small bowl and soak in the Poire
2. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients except the pear and the almonds. Mix well.
3. To the dry ingredients add sour cream, beaten egg and buttermilk.
4. Stir until smooth. The batter should be thick but will flow easily when stirred.
5. Heat griddle to medium hot temperature.
6. Ladle batter onto griddle. Each pancake will be approx. 1/4th of a cup or one large ladle full.
Makes pancakes approx. 5” in diameter.
7. Arrange 5 slices of pear in a star shape in the center of the pancake.
The pears must be lightly pressed into the batter.
8. Sprinkle the toasted almonds in between the pear slices.
9. When edges of pancakes are dry, turn them. It is best if they are flipped only once.
10. Test for doneness with a toothpick.
11. Serve fruit side up, sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
12. Serve with warm maple syrup or a blend of maple syrup and Poire.
|A DVD of how to make
Clamber Hill's Pear Almond Pancakes
may be purchased for $15.00 from AOTV
Back to Home